Need Help With Looking After Someone

You can get a carer’s assessment whether the person you care for is having their needs assessed or not. The kind of help and support you could get includes:

  • Respite care, to give you a break
  • Information on local support groups
  • Help with caring
  • Equipment to help you in your caring role.

You may also be entitled to a ‘personal budget’, which is the amount of money the council has calculated will cover the support needs identified in your assessment.

This can be taken as a ‘direct payment’ and could help you maintain your interests outside of your caring responsibilities – for example, by covering membership of a club or an internet connection.

Need Help With Looking After Someone

Follow us on social media

To benefit from our tips and resources for looking after your mental wellbeing, head over to our social channels and follow us!

Sign up to our newsletter

If you would like to receive information about everything new happening at The Care Collective, please email us at

Read our terms and conditions here.