It’s the quality of the connection you have with those in it. You need to be able to open up to them and trust that they won’t judge and that you can have confidence in their discretion – that’s what’s most important.
It’s best if you don’t lean on just one individual, since different people in your life can support you in different ways.
If you don’t have anyone you can feel safe with or trust as much as you need, maybe some of the link below may help you through a stressful time.
- Overview | Supporting adult carers | Guidance | NICE
- Emotional support | Action for Carers
- Support for carers | Age UK
- Your mental health as a carer-Mind
- Carers-Aneurin Bevan University Health Board (nhs.wales)
- Emotional support for carers-Macmillan Cancer Support
- Emotional support-SANE
- Samaritans | Every life lost to suicide is a tragedy | Here to listen