At the Care Collective, we are passionate about supporting unpaid carers, the people who assist family members or friends with personal care, medical/healthcare, daily tasks or to stay safe.
We have great opportunities for Carer Support Workers to join our Bridgend County Borough team. We offer 6 weeks of comprehensive and paid training, paid travel time at the full hourly rate (£11 per hour), additional mileage payments, 25 days annual leave along with 8 bank holidays, the opportunity to gain professionally recognised qualifications, ongoing development, work mobile phone, and much more… So if you’re looking for a role where you can make an impact as part of a supportive team who actively encourage self-development, then this could be the opportunity for you!
As one of the largest charities in Wales, The Care Collective change unpaid carers lives by delivering a wide range of services, including respite (giving carers a break); care in the home; and information, advice and support services across ten local authority areas in South Wales – which accounts for nearly 50% of the total number of unpaid carers in Wales.
As part of a personalised and supportive service, our Carer Support Workers will make a difference by building relationships with our carers, providing their person with company, selected activity opportunities and supporting with their daily routines. You don’t need previous care experience, just a desire to make a difference with a caring approach. Full training will be given.
What does the Carer Support Worker role involve?
- Provide emotional support, companionship and a safe environment, guided by a personal care and support plan.
- Support with care needs and activities outside the home such as community activities, organised group activities, shopping, attending medical appointments
- To prepare meals, drinks and assist with eating/drinking
- To assist with personal hygiene, for example helping the person with care needs to use the toilet/bathroom, have a shower or care for their skin/hair
- Assist with dressing/undressing and personal appearance
- To support the person with care needs with their medication and mobility.
- Work with guidelines to provide a safe environment for the person with care needs
- Maintain accurate records as required
Skills Required for a Carer Support Worker
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with the ability to form good working relationships with clients and staff
- Demonstrate the ability to think innovatively and to communicate well with colleagues and clients
- Have a flexible approach with the ability to work independently and take initiative whilst working within policies, procedures and guidance.
- An understanding of the needs of carers, people with a disability, dementia and people experiencing illnesses.
- The ability to be able to respond with compassion, empathy and understanding the needs of the carer and their person with support needs.
- Able to demonstrate good verbal, written and report writing skills Commitment to continuous professional development and the values of the Care Collective
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Have the legal right to live and work in the UK
We aim to be as flexible as possible, so please get in touch and we can discuss your availability. Typical contracts range between 16 and 35 hrs per week.
We are also looking for evening and weekend support ( typically 16 hrs a week ), but just send us a message and we can discuss that with you.
For any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £11.00 per hour
Location: Bridgend County Borough