Vision and Values
At The Care Collective, we have been championing and working with unpaid carers for over 30 years as one of the largest charities in Wales, with around 140 colleagues and a 4m turnover.
We are passionate about supporting people who help others without getting paid. Many organisations will call people who do this “Unpaid Carers” or “Carers” but we feel this doesn’t clearly describe what people actually do.
As a collective, we change unpaid carers lives by delivering a wide range of services, including respite and care, advice and support services across ten local authority areas in South Wales. Each and every one of us has the potential to do amazing things in our work, which means we can enrich the lives of the unpaid carers we support, their loved ones and throughout the communities we work in, which accounts for 50% of the total number of unpaid carers across Wales.
We know that we are better working together as a collective. In the face of ever-increasing demands and reducing resources, we rise to the challenge and think creatively about how we deliver our services. We are caring, passionate, ambitious and inclusive.
Main Purpose of the Role
- To support the Management Accountant in providing day to day financial transactions to the charity and its stakeholders.
- To be responsible for and ensure the process of the organisation’s payroll in line with the organisation’s procedures and current government legislation. To ensure the delivery of finance functions including day to day purchase processing activities, sales invoicing, completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties to ensure the smooth running of the finance department.
Key Accountabilities and responsibilities for establishing standards
- Actively prepare and process the organisations monthly payroll in line with government guidelines & procedures.
- Preparing employee’s hour calculations, salary increases, holiday payments, company sick pay and statutory payments and employee expenses.
- Inputting the payroll data into the organisations payroll software.
- Assess payroll pensions to comply with auto enrolment
- Produce payroll reports.
- Email payslips.
- Issuing P45s and other necessary forms.
- Upload of net pay file to bank.
- Submission of RTI information to HMRC.
- Submission of pension contributions to provider.
- Responding to manager and employees questions about payroll.
- Maintain accurate customer and supplier records.
- Processing of sales invoicing, purchase invoices, payment of invoices, and recording of daily bank transactions.
- Check remittances against money received from customers and ensure bank transactions allocated against correct customer invoices.
- Bank account reconciliations.
- Review debtors list, send out statements and deal with credit control.
- Participate, assist and provide support with the annual audit process.
- Inputting of prepaid card transactions into accounting software.
- Responding to queries in a timely and polite manner.
- Ensure the organisations financial policies are adhered to and procedures are understood and communicated effectively to staff.
- Assisting the Management Accountant with various financial and payroll tasks when required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Office 365 and financial reporting systems: Essential
- Attention to detail and accuracy: Essential
- Knowledge of PAYE, SMP, SSP, NIC and other payroll related matters: Essential
- Book keeping Knowledge: Essential
- Able to use Sage 50 payroll software: Desirable
- Able to use accounting software, eg. Xero Accounting: Desirable
- Qualification AAT: Desirable
- Experience in accounting – including demonstrable book keeping experience: Essential
- Experience in payroll administration and relevant accounting: Essential
- Working knowledge of UK’s Statutory laws and VAT: Desirable
- High levels of computer literacy with proficiency in MS Excel: Essential
- Proven analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills in a financial field: Desirable
- Experienced in working under pressure with minimal supervision and the ability to work within tight deadlines: Essential
- Experience in providing payroll advice and support to employees, managers and external stakeholders: Essential
- Experience of working with integrity and discretion with confidential information: Essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English: Essential
- Welsh speaking: Desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,048 – £26,000.00 per year (plus pension)
Location: Pontypool (hybrid working considered)
Deadline: 1st July 2022
Responsible to: Management Accountant
How to apply: Please go to our temporary job webpage